A bit financially fucked going into August. I was able to put the down payment on the trip away, $1500, yesterday. However, with buying the plane ticket on the CC in July and having to buy a new chair and dispose of my old broken one, I now have something of a heavy month to pay back the CC and not run any interest. I may not be able to put dollar one away for SeptemberVegas in August, leaving me with 3 checks to come up with the last $3K I need to make the cash save number. I've been in this position before, SO many times. Back in the "still digging out of financial hell and not making that much money" phase of my life, say around 2011-2015, I regularly had to budget the fuck out of my life to make the Vegas save. Denying myself weekends out, skrimping on food, sticking to a strict budget. It's been a while, and I'm out of practice, but I may need to adopt a modified skrimp the next two months. There are ways I could cheat. I could float some of the CC debt and...
June is coming up fast. Just over a month now. It'll be a skinnier trip, no crazy upgrade like last time, no flouncing around with an Emerald suite, and no big spending in general. I'll be having JUST the number on per-day cash spend budget. And right now, I have a good terrace room at Cosmo locked in for a little over $120 all in, no reason to dick with that unless my offers go up in May or June, pretty significantly ( UPDATE : they didn't, at least in May). 3/$120/$50 and just over a hundy all in out of pocket for my favorite resort and a non-standard room with a terrace (even if it's just looking at the ass end of Aria) is nails. I like being paid to stay in a top-tier resort in Vegas. This will be, while skinnier, a pretty relaxed trip money-wise. If I do come back with some pay it forward funds and I haven't wrecked the CC, then a late summer/early fall trip may be doable. If not, and my ass is handed to me, I can just shrivel up into a ball and financially...
The MGM Rewards card anniversary bitchslap of points and resort credit has arrived. -$100 Tier Celebration Credit for retaining Gold last month. -$200 anniversary Iconic Resort Credit. -$250 "free room night" credit, which is just more RC. -10,000 bonus tier points for getting to Gold. Add all this to the $100 of RC that is part of my booking package for September, and we have a veritable shitstorm of resort credit booted up. $650. If I exclusively eat at MGM resorts, I won't have to spend a dime for food on this trip, and probably the next one. Crazy. I only have 2 food reservations at the moment, and will probably keep it that way as I like to keep my options open most trip days, but I certainly can B+L+D on the MGM restaurant tip the whole time I'm there. Useful. No extra FP for Slot Dollars from the anniversary thing, but I racked up about $130 last month; add whatever comes in from August and September (which hits while I'm there), add the $120 from the booki...
Comments
Post a Comment