Haul.
The anniversary bitchslap of points and resort credit has arrived.
-$100 Tier Celebration Credit for retaining Gold last month.
-$200 anniversary Iconic Resort Credit.
-$250 "free room night" credit, which is just more RC.
-10,000 bonus tier points for getting to Gold.
Add all this to the $100 of RC that is part of my booking package for September, and we have a veritable shitstorm of resort credit booted up. $650. If I exclusively eat at MGM resorts, I won't have to spend a dime for food on this trip, and probably the next one. Crazy. I only have 2 food reservations at the moment, and will probably keep it that way as I like to keep my options open most trip days, but I certainly can B+L+D on the MGM restaurant tip the whole time I'm there.
Useful.
No extra FP for Slot Dollars from the anniversary thing, but I racked up about $130 last month; add whatever comes in from August and September (which hits while I'm there), add the $120 from the booking package - it might end up being $400-ish total. It won't be a gratis trip, but damn if MGM and the Iconic card aren't trying to get me there.
With the bonus tier credits, I'm now at 91,000, blowing way past Gold. Platinum is 200,000. You might think...hmmm, 2 trips left, can I get there? Should I try? It would be a stretch. To get to where I am, I had 6 months of Iconic card earning, plus the 7500 roll over points from last year, plus that 10K bump for getting to Gold this month. To get another 100K+ in 6 months I would have to do it honestly, with only card earnings and Vegas spend. Probably not doable.
I will probably concentrate spend at MGM props on at least the first few days of SeptemberVegas, then see where we honestly are. Getting to Gold this early is a blessing, nothing to worry about MGM-wise the rest of the year, meaning I can spread the love (my money) around. I'm not going to ball-and-chain myself to MGM resorts just to try to get $600 in flight credit for next year, which is about the only real benefit to getting to Platinum. As previously stated, I still would like to make a dent in FB's program, since they've been paying me this year.
In any case, these are good problems to have for a Vegas fiend.

Comments
Post a Comment