Stock.



I just sold some stock in my company to finance #SeptemberVegas.

$2K worth. I didn't think I was able to do this, thought there was a hold in place as a condition of getting a 15% discount on purchase, but Fidelity let me do it, the sell order was filled and the funds hit the bank. So I'm off the hook for what would have been a stressful save in September. Have $3500 put away now, I just have to come up with about a grand in September, which, pish posh.

Not that I have any need to justify it, but I don't mind dipping into my "retirement" for stuff like this. I already have 2 small loans against the 401k, and this digs another $2K out of the fund, but whatev. Not to be morbid, but I just don't think I'm going to make it to 67 to retire. I don't live my life in a "live til you're 100" way, at all. In truth I'm all about "live for today", and always have been, much more than trying to save for some mythical glorious retirement when I'm half dead. I've always said I intend to die broke as a broke-ass broke person, and that still stands, even though my prospective retirement age is only 12 years away.

In any case even if I did get to 67, what on earth would I even still be able to do, physically? Just being real. I only have one knee and half of both hips now, and I live my life like I'm a 25 year old. I might be in a fucking iron lung by 67. Not even mad, I'm going to live until I die, as Frank used to say, and shit, he probably said it in Vegas for fuck's sake.

So, the money pressure is off and now I can just sit back and wait for 11a on September 24th when I leave work to go to the airport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T-Minus 10 Days.

Xmas Done Deal.

Skinny (ish).